I have become that girl that I never could understand.
I have, legitimately, forgotten to eat.
Now, I do realize that it is around 2pm, so I can still eat "lunch"... but go with me on this:
Noon: Hey, look, Noon! I should eat. Yay Eating! Lemme just finish this one thing...
1: Woah, where did that hour go. I should go make my soup.
1:30: Glad that report is finished! Okay, going to the microwave.
1:31: What? That's a cool new feature of my product! I should look into this!
1:45: Mmm, my tummy hurts, I wonder wh-- DOH!
1:47: Timer goes off on the microwave, my lunch is ready! But, I don't hear it - drafting an email about said cool new feature.
2:04: Finally pull my soup out of the microwave and eat lunch, while telling you all about it.
Now, why on earth is it important for me to relay this information to you?
Because I don't forget to eat. I don't get so distracted that I'm not thinking about food. I just don't. And when people say: "ahh, I forgot to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner today," I DON'T understand! I mean, I sometimes just don't have a chance to eat, or don't have food nearby - but I think this is the first time that I have actually been mind-blocked enough to Forget that I was thinking about food.
I'm changing. I don't even know me anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds very office space-y but I make sure to take the full hour for lunch every day even if I only pick something up and bring it back to the desk. Clears the mind a bit.
ReplyDelete