Well hello!
March seems to have brought a cleaning bug into my home. J and I have both been going through old boxes, throwing crap out that we don't need/want/use/etc. We're both looking forward to moving, but not looking forward to actually MOVING stuff that we don't have any use or desire for. I think that has us in a bit of a "let's just take care of it now" mode. I've also been working on other housekeeping type things: mailing back our census, taking care of taxes, cleaning out the fridge, etc. I love it. I absolutely love that we're getting everything in order and minimizing the crap we have just laying around.
We're also looking at other ways to save money. We went from grocery shopping at the local, expensive chain store to Walmart (yes, I know. But dude! 25% savings! When we're pinching pennies to pay bills, we do what we need to). We finally got sick and grossed out by our Walmart shopping, and I've switched us to the Farmer's Market. Yes, we pay more for meat - but we're eating organic and locally raised meat now. We're also saving on our veggies, and only buying what we need. For other products, we've taken to the Trader Joe's. I hate the crowds there, but it fills our boxed-goods needs. Now if only we can find a place to buy our dogfood on the cheap...
So, we're cleaning house, the budget, and eating better foods. All this without a New Year's Resolution looming over our heads. I like this.
That's all. Nothing new or revolutionary beyond that - I just wanted to let you all know that there's a happy bug growing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment