Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April!

I can't believe it is April already. And so gorgeous too! I think we're at 82 degrees right now, and I hate that I'm inside the office all day... C'est la vie! At least I have tomorrow off. :)

But let's do a quick recap of March, shall we? In the past 31 days, we've had crazy rains, snows, and warm days. I can't even handle it. Not only that, we've got some great work done on the farm! Sadly, most of it was business related, so I don't have any awesome pictures to show you. BUT! We have poles and rhizomes and winches and etc all ordered and ready to go. Now, we just have to wait for delivery and then BAM! Stuff to show you!
J and I have also been busy with networking, networking, and more networking. Here's to hoping we can sell our entire first year's harvest! We made some great connections with local breweries and homebrewers, and even a few clubs in town. Cross your fingers, but I think we might be in good shape.
Also in March: Penny celebrated her first birthday! yeah, it wasn't that exciting. But still... we're looking forward to her 2nd birthday - when she's expected to stop acting like a shark. Seriously though - that dog NEVER stops moving. Unless she's sleeping, of course.

Quick Penny story:
Most nights, J will put me to bed, and I'll spend some time snuggling with Hayden. For whatever reason, I decided that I would also like to have some snuggle time with Penny. We had the windows open, so a nice breeze was coming in - it really was an ideal way to spend some time. About 2 seconds after J closed the bedroom door and headed downstairs, Penny started growling. Straight up growling. I couldn't see what she was looking at, but homegirl wasn't happy. A few barks later, she jumped up and started pacing the bedroom. Focusing on the door. Mmmmmkay - weird. I hopped up and open the door for her, expecting her to see that no one is there and be satisfied - but she jetted downstairs and started growling at the front door. I wasn't really sure what to make of it, so I decided to put her in her kennel. She went up, no problem, but growled for another few minutes.
Feeling satisfied with her being up, I headed back upstairs JUST in time to hear my phone ring. My neighbor's boyfriend was locked out...
Somehow, Penny knew something was off - and she was protecting us. I gave her an extra dog-treat for that...
/Penny Story.

Well, I hope everyone has a great Easter Weekend! I think we have a fun weekend planned with a bunch of activities - I'll try to remember to take pictures. In the meantime, here's how the farm looked yesterday... Look at all that clover!

No comments:

Post a Comment