While nothing earth shattering happens on a daily basis, I enjoy watching the passage of time in my gardens.
Last year, I planted some hosta plants and ivy to accompany my hydrangea (which hardly bloomed). The tree I planted a few years back (right before A&K came to visit) seemed lonely, and there was a significant lack of green. I also wanted to hang my birdhouse in a lovely garden - but my back patio seemed too empty. Later last summer, I also brought a gardenia, some jasmine, and a few succulent plants into the mix. It wasn't exactly inspiring, but it was enough. This year - it is a totally different story. The hydrangea blooms are brilliant and blue, my hosta plants exploded, and the jasmine and gardenia scents send me back to my childhood. It is gorgeous and green out there! And the best part - I found a bird living in the birdhouse only a few days after I put it out there.
I've also planted a vegetable garden on my front patio (oh, the Joys of living in a condo/townhome), and am surprised by how excited I get over the growth. I curse chipmunks, count my tomato buds, and poke at the cucumber and pepper leaves. Since I've never actually HAD a vegetable garden, or ever had the ability to grow anything but weeds, I feel as though I've accomplished something. Keep in mind, however, that this gardens are still young - and may not actually bear any edible produce. But I'm excited to see the passing of time in the seeds I've sown.
Pictures to be published soon... I'm reorganizing and cataloguing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment