I didn't realize it had been so long since I've updated until just this morning. I apologize to all my avid readers (sorry Mom! hahah).
So - since the last update I have been very busy. I've been stressing about work, hanging out with friends, stressing about work, and trying to relax.
And I can't forget the trip BACK to NYC. J's middle brother flew into NYC on his way home - he's been abroad for a year. J's baby brother is doing a summer internship in NYC too... it only makes sense that we have a mini-Wells Family Reunion for a weekend! J and I flew up on a Thursday night and hung out with the Wells-Fam for the weekend. MoMA, the Frick Collection, and Restaurant week were all on the agenda. Not on the agenda? A canceled flight home, rain, and hail.... Stress started to creep up again. In an effort to hold my pleasant disposition, I rescheduled our flights to 9:47pm, Sunday. That's 5 hours after our original flight... but it's okay - we'll make it work. And boy did we! The reschedule allowed us to see the Titanic Exhibit (and touch a real piece of the wreckage!), and watch the US/Mexico World Cup qualifying match. YAY! Then the sky opened up. Rain and hail, hail and rain. The storm only lasted about 40 minutes, but that was long enough to stress me out. Our 9:47 flight was delayed until 11:30pm. Gah. Well,... after many more delays, J and I finally made it home. The weekend of relaxing offered me a chance to sleep and get away from the office for a bit - so I came back recuperated and ready to get back to it. Good times.
My tomato plant decided to bite the dust while we were gone, and my cucumber plants (all 7 of them) decided to only produce 1.25 fruits this season. I'm sure we'll have a better harvest once we are actually growing in the yard. But my jalapeno peppers are thriving! I've got 2 more that are ready for picking, and one starting to come in. And the Green Bell Peppers.... mmmmm - they're sweet and crisp. Lovely! I even made a salsa with my tomatoes and peppers. It was WAY too spicy, but the flavor was fresh and delicious. I'm a fan
I can't wait until we have a full yard for gardening. This summer piqued my interest, and now I can't be stopped! haha
The hiatus also saw the birth of a baby girl! She's 3 weeks old and as beautiful as her parents. I was finally able to see her last night (I missed the sip n' see because I was in NYC), and she was perfect. I'm glad my friends are having babies.
That's about it right now. I'll be in lock-down starting August 2nd, only coming out for Football and Special Occasions... so my posts will probably be short and sweet. But the 6th Annual Summer Baby Birthday Bash is this Saturday - so I should have some good pictures for everyone next week.
Take it easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment