Before I get into today's review, I have to tell you all something. I hurt. I hurt like I've never hurt before in my life. It hurts to stand, to sit, to walk, to drink water, to think. It even hurts to crinkle up my face and pout. Last night, I hit a wall. Not a literal wall - but one that I didn't know I could get through. But I did.
I realized around 9pm yesterday that I hadn't had enough protein for the day - so I shook up a protein and OJ shake, and ate a hot dog on a piece of double protein bread. I say "ate," but we all know I inhaled that thing. I really really hate eating after 9, but I literally HAD to get some protein in my system. I couldn't go another day in that amount of pain.
Now, I didn't exactly leap from bed this morning, but I definitely felt better. The wall was starting to crumble - step by step, brick by brick.
I surprised myself by actually getting to the gym this morning. I was certain I would fall back asleep and never wake up - but I did. I actually smiled when we were doing our high jump warm ups. It hurt, but I was glad I made it.
So, today we partnered up and carried logs on our shoulders around town for 2 hours. They weren't heavy - only about 5-6 pounds. But we did everything with them and our partner. Get down and give me some sit ups - with the log - with your partner - on my count. (oooooooouch)
Shoulder presses, in front of the face (owie); behind your head (geez!)! Now, I was actually okay with the bicep curls - but still.
During most of the march, my partner and I were placed in the front. I don't know if it was to help with pacing or what - but there we were, right in the front of the line. And I have to say, things actually didn't look THAT different up there. I couldn't look at the other girls and get insecure - but it was generally the same scenery and the same feeling. It was my first time in the front though. If I'm up there more often, I might change my mind :)
Today's workout wasn't too terribly bad though. I actually can say - I like this morning. Let me make something clear: I am in an undetermined amount of pain. But I enjoyed today's work out. I think the next 2 days are going to be much more enjoyable too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment