Sunday, October 4, 2009

News?

Well hello!

I know, I was totally planning on hopping on the computer yesterday. I'm sorry it didn't happen.

So. J and I are starting a hop farm. I know, it is the most awesome news in the entire world, right? Yeah - it is :)
The land is about an hour outside of Charlotte, so when we do move (2011), it won't be far from where we are now. The neighborhood that we're looking at is super adorable, and with some great people living there.
We'll be starting with an acre this coming spring, and growing slowly from there. We'll probably stop growing around 20 acres, but we'll see when we get there... 20 acres will require some full time help during the growing/harvesting seasons.

That's the big news. Not that exciting to most people, but we can't wait :) More details to come. Right now, I have to nurse a little hangover.

2 comments:

  1. I heard rumors of this last we saw Tim - congrats! Is there a place that you order seeds/saplings from? Tons of hops grow out here- could probably snag a few cuttings if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome. though i admit i never saw jon as a farmer... guess we'll have to visit and play phish's farmhouse at YOUR place.

    a.

    ReplyDelete